The (R)Evolution of the Internet of Things
It is 5th generation of the cellular network technology.
- Lower latency, higher capacity and increased in data bandwidth as compared to the earlier generation.
- Low-bands to support wider coverage.
- Mid-bands offer a balance of benefits between coverage and capacity.
- High-bands is less crowded and provides the ultra-high bandwidth.
- Multi-access Edge Computing that brings high computational services from centralised cloud closer to end-users (the edge).
- Easing the need of having high-performance device at end-user for computational intensive use cases such as AR/VR.
- Network slicing to enable various differentiated services across different industries with assured Quality of Service.
- IoT focuses on connectivity and data communications.
- Data Analytics adds the analysis capabilities in IoT that engages data to implement effective decision-making processes. (E.g. predictive maintenance).
- Now AI adds learning capabilities to IoT, not just making effective decision, but able to self correct and recover from mistakes or errors at run time.
- With AIoT, edge devices will get ever-smarter, not just data generators but aggregators, communicators and making decisions like a human could do.
- AIoT is not just purely for edge but it can happen at higher level to achieve the system goals.
- The centre works on complete end-to-end AIoT ecosystem that involves integration of embedded hardware like sensors/devices and gateways to connections with software cloud platforms and application development.
With 5G and AIoT Together
5G will bring the entire AIoT ecosystem to a whole new level of real time use cases that existing 4G cannot do. The centre aspires to be the catalyst that provides technical project development & consultations as well training in the areas of 5G, AI, IoT, embedded systems applications, smart devices, wireless applications, cloud computing, cybersecurity and data analytics.
The Internet of Things (IoT), The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), The Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT), Equipment (Eqpt), Augmented reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR)