- Jointly developed in partnership by Centre of Excellence for Maritime Safety (CEMS), Singapore Maritime Academy (SMA) and Kongsberg Maritime
- First dedicated research simulator in South East Asia
- Integrated with different sensors (eye tracking glasses, CCTV cameras and EEG headband) for R&D in human factors
- Easily reconfigurable to different vessel types
- Open software architecture for in-house development of research applications
- AI applications are being built to assess trainee’s performance in simulator training
- PSA Marine as the 1st user and collaborator
CEMS is building a strong network of research ecosystem to leverage on ANRS with public sector research institutions and industry partners. This will entrench Singapore’s position as the world leader in maritime education and training.
In May 2021, CEMS also hosted a visit to ANRS by Dr Gu Hai, Vice President, Head of Global Simulation Center, American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) and Prof Zhou Jianying, Director, iTrust, Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) to discuss the use of simulator for cybersecurity training.